DIY: Neon cap toe pumps
Neon Pumps are the shoes to rock this season, if you are on a budget this is a great way to create your own without hurting your pocket. My friend over at Pair a spare created these fabulous neon pumps. Give it a try with one of your pair of black pumps.
A pair of rounded or pointed pumps (which are a great everyday heel)
White and neon yellow acrylic paints
1. Tape off a cap toe at the front of the heels with masking tape.
2. Make sure to press hard on the edges of masking tape.
3. First do a coat of white paint. Let dry for a few hours.
4. Then do a couple of coats of yellow paint.
To remove the brush strokes which were quite pronounced on my suede heels, wait until the paint is semi dry, and then wet your fingers with water and smooth any lines. I found this made a huge different to the look of the cap toe.
5. To reduce the chances of the paint cracking when you take off the masking tape (this can happen when doing multiple layers of paint) and giving you a shaky line (nothing worse), rather than waiting until the paint is completely dry, I removed the tape when the paint was still a little moist and then put aside to dry overnight.